Central Valley Family & Divorce Lawyer
Many people do not realize how expansive New York family and divorce laws are, so you may be surprised to learn how these legal issues could impact your relationships. You could be a party as a spouse, parent, or child; plus, you could have other rights and interests in a wide range of proceedings. The broad nature of the concepts and requirements can be overwhelming.
You can feel confident that your case is in good hands when you work with our team at the Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. We are experienced with process and knowledgeable about the relevant principles, so please contact us to set up a case review with a Central Valley family & divorce lawyer. A legal summary is also useful.
Our Legal Services Supporting Families
If you are involved as a party or have other interests in any of the following family law cases, you can count on us for skilled legal help:
Divorce: Besides being a legal end to your marriage, there are three key issues parties will address in a divorce case:
- Property division, in which all marital assets acquired during the marriage are split according to the rule of equitable distribution;
- Alimony for a lower earning party or as necessary to bridge the financial gap between the parties; and,
- Issues related to minor children, such as child custody, visitation, and child support.
Family Law: Our other areas of representation include:
- Paternity cases, which trigger child custody, visitation, and support issues;
- Prenuptial agreements;
- Stepparent, domestic, and international adoptions;
- Guardianships for minor children and disabled adults; and,
- Domestic violence cases and petitions for a protective order.
How the Legal Process Works
Initially, you should note that there are different ways to resolve family law cases. Assistance from a Central Valley family law and divorce lawyer is essential for developing a strategy that suits your circumstances. The Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. will be at your side to pursue one or more of the following options:
- Settlement: Any family law matter can be resolved by agreement, including divorce issues. The benefits are reduced costs and time, but you are also able to exercise some control over the process.
- Mediation: This proceeding is an informal discussion, headed by a mediator who is specially trained to help parties overcome differences. Mediation is not binding, so litigation is still an option.
- Family Law Trials: The court will conduct a contested hearing when parties are still conflicted. During litigation, all will have the opportunity to convince the judge to find in their favor.
You Can Rely on a Central Valley Family Law and Divorce Lawyer
When you have important personal and parental rights to protect, it is critical to retain experienced legal counsel for guidance with your case. Our team at the Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. will support you throughout the process, so please contact us today. We can schedule a consultation with a Central Valley family law and divorce lawyer who will provide additional details.