Salisbury Mills Family & Divorce Lawyer
While you can guess many of the topics covered by New York family and divorce laws, you might not realize the broad, complex nature of these cases. The concepts apply to many of your personal relationships, and they can arise at different points during your lifetime. Depending on the details, there are implications for your rights and responsibilities. To protect your interests, legal representation is critical.
The Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. is prepared to advocate on your behalf, as our team has in-depth knowledge and years of experience representing clients with these cases. Please contact us to set up a consultation with a Salisbury Mills family & divorce lawyer who can provide personalized advice. A summary of how we help with the legal process is also useful.
Legal Help with Family Law Cases
Our team provides quality legal services in connection with all types of family law matters, including:
Divorce: One key issue in dissolving a marriage is property division, and New York goes by the rule of equitable distribution. All property acquired during the marriage is divided equitably, which may not mean a 50-50 split. Alimony is another important issue, and it may be appropriate for balancing financial inequities between the spouses.
Issues Related to Minor Children: Child custody involves decision making in important areas of the child’s life, and courts prefer a co-parenting arrangement. The nonresidential parent will have visitation rights and the obligation to pay child support.
Other Family Law Cases: We are also committed to helping clients with other matters in this practice area, such as:
- Paternity cases;
- Prenuptial agreements;
- Domestic violence cases and petitions for a restraining order; and,
- Guardianships for children and disabled adults.
Strategies for Resolving Disputes
It is important to note that there are multiple options for addressing conflicts in family law cases. The Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. will explain pros and cons, and we will handle all legal requirements. A Salisbury Mills family law and divorce lawyer can assist with the three main alternatives:
- Settlement: The laws encourage parties to agree on the key topics in divorce and other family law proceedings. You can work out a solution that works for your situation.
- Mediation: Some disagreements can be resolved with help from a mediator who is specially trained to facilitate productive conversations toward compromise.
- Contested Hearings: Litigation is necessary when the parties are unable to resolve disputes. At trial, parties have the opportunity to present evidence and testimony. The judge will make a decision by applying the law to the facts.
Speak to a Salisbury Mills Family Law and Divorce Lawyer Today
This summary should convince you of the importance of retaining skilled legal help, since these cases are complex because of the laws and the emotional factors. Please contact the Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. today to learn how we can assist with your case. We are happy to schedule a case evaluation with a skilled Salisbury Mills family law and divorce lawyer.