Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Rockland & Westchester County Divorce Lawyer > Westchester County Court Order Enforcement Lawyer

Westchester County Court Order Enforcement Lawyer

Has your child’s mother or father routinely been hours late bringing your child back after visitation? Is your former spouse withholding spousal support? Has the other parent simply stopped sending court-ordered monthly child support payments? Sadly, these scenarios are incredibly common. The Westchester County court order enforcement lawyers at The Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. understand just how important it is to you that the spousal support, child custody, and/or child support order that was created by the court is followed to the T by the other party. We can work with the courts to ensure this is the case, and that the other party is held accountable.

Failure to Pay Child Support

The majority of parents receiving child support are not paid the full amount. This is a difficult pill to swallow, especially considering the fact that the custodial parent (in addition to doing the majority of the childcare) typically ends up paying far more of their child’s expenses than the parent with the child support obligation. Getting a delinquent paying parent to pay up can feel like an impossible task. And it often is, until you seek legal help. By working with the New York child support enforcement program, it is possible to collect overdue child support, as well as medical coverage, by implementing various procedural measures against the other party. This includes wage interception, unemployment benefit interception, bank account seizure, suspension of driver’s license, and more. If these measures fail, we will take the matter to court, at which point additional measures can be taken, such as property liens, money judgments, and even incarceration.

Child Custody and Visitation Violations

Failure to take your child to planned medical visits, chronic tardiness during child exchanges, and interference with your visitation time are common examples of how child custody is violated. Violations of child custody and visitation are taken very seriously by New York courts. By doing so, the violating party can lose what parental privileges they currently have. By filing an enforcement petition with the court, you can:

  • Hold the other parent in contempt of court
  • Modify the parenting plan
  • Seek lost days and time with your child that the other parent took from you
  • Seek financial payment for your legal fees

Withholding of Spousal Support

Enforcing spousal support payments are sometimes more difficult than enforcing child support orders, due to having fewer legal tools at one’s disposal. However, by taking the other party to court, the following measures may be implemented to enforce payment:

  • Money judgment, which requires that the other party pay all unpaid maintenance
  • Issuance of a wage deduction order
  • Holding the other party in contempt of court

Call a Westchester County Enforcement of Court Orders Lawyer Today

Any violation of a court order by the other party is a serious infringement on your rights and well-being, and should be treated as such. The Westchester County enforcement of court orders lawyers at The Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. can help you seek justice. Call us at 845-735-1300 to schedule a free consultation today.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn