Goshen Family & Divorce Lawyer
The concept of New York family and divorce law is extremely broad, so it is likely that you will encounter legal issues that affect your interests over time. When they do, you might be surprised to find that the statutes and concepts are quite complex. However, you will also realize that you have important rights to protect, personally, financially, and as a parent.
Fortunately, you can rely on the Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. to guide you through the proceedings. We have years of combined experience representing clients, so we strive to develop strategies that help achieve your goals. Please contact us to set up a case assessment today. A Goshen family & divorce lawyer can provide customized advice, and some basics are useful.
- Asset Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Court Order Enforcement
- Domestic Violence
- Post-Divorce Modification
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Spousal Support
Skilled Representation for Family Law Cases
Our team is dedicated to assisting clients with all types of family law matters, so you can count on us for help with:
Divorce: One key issue for divorcing spouses is property division, and New York is an equitable distribution state. All property acquired during the marriage will be divided according to the interests of fairness. Another issue is alimony, which may be appropriate even out the financial situations between the parties.
Children: Child custody, visitation, and support will come up in divorce, but these are also issues for unmarried parents. The concepts cover how parents make decisions in the important areas of the child’s life, as well as parenting time for the nonresidential parent. Support is determined by statutory guidelines.
Other Family Law Cases: We are also ready to assist with
- Domestic violence and orders of protection, i.e., restraining orders;
- Paternity cases;
- Prenuptial agreements;
- Stepparent, domestic, and international adoptions; and,
- Guardianships for minors and disabled adults.
How We Support Your Needs
There are multiple strategies for addressing family law issues, and the Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. will advise you on details. A Goshen family law and divorce lawyer will serve your needs with one or more of the following options:
- Many cases can be resolved by agreement, which is especially beneficial in divorce. The parties have more control over the proceedings and can craft an arrangement that works for the family.
- Mediation is an informal proceeding that is overseen by a mediator, who works to get the parties to agree by engaging them in productive conversation.
- If disputes remain, it will be necessary to go to court for a contested hearing. The proceeding is a trial, in which you will have the opportunity to present arguments, evidence, and testimony.
Set Up a Consultation with a Goshen Family Law and Divorce Lawyer
It is encouraging to know that there are multiple options for resolving disputes, but you can see the complicated nature of these cases. If you have questions, please contact the Law Office of Robert S. Sunshine, P.C. right away. We can schedule a consultation with a Goshen family law and divorce lawyer who can explain how the laws apply to your situation.